I am glad that my husband is the guy you call in the middle of the night when you need help. I really am. Not only does it say a lot about him, but it says a great deal about me, and my ability in choosing a life partner.
Sure, we’ve had our up’s and down’s after 12 years of marriage. And well, marriage is hard. Anyone that says otherwise, either does not have children, or they have not reached six to seven years of marriage yet.
He’s always been that guy. The one you can count on. I’ve counted on him. I count on him still.
So, if you call him at 2 AM. He will answer. If you need to borrow money, he will most likely lend it to you. I’ve known this about him for a long time. And yes, sometimes it’s for people that may not deserve his help, or will not pay him back. It’s not that you can’t count on me. I’m a little harder to convince. A slight bit skeptical, and less trusting.
As he left late that night to go and help someone, I found myself restless in thought. I could not fall back asleep. I felt panicked when my mind started to wander and ask questions like: what if he never came back. The What If’s began to take over my interrupted sleep.
In that moment, for all of the hard times or troubles we’ve faced, or days when maybe we couldn’t stand one another, I realized something that perhaps I needed reminded of. I could never bear losing him. I could not imagine my life without him. And yes, I genuinely love him. All things that no amount of therapy can make you see. You must realize it on your own.
Top 10 Reasons We Will Be Together Forever:
10. we’re alike in many ways, but opposite enough that it works!
9. All it takes is a look in any situation and we know what the other is thinking. This is really helpful on many occasions!
8. Laughter. We are silly. We laugh all the time and share a million inside jokes!
7. We’ve both traveled far and wide and the only person I always wish was there with me, is him! Many continents, different cities- without one another, and always felt like he was the one thing missing.
6. We’ve met each others families and we are still married!! You may not realize at first that you are stuck with these people, but you learn to put up with them.
5. We’ve weathered some pretty rough storms, but always managed to hold it together. Our wedding almost didn’t happen! Read: https://superstew39.wordpress.com/2012/10/15/september-15-2001-our-wedding-day/
4. Neither of us will accept failure. We are two of the strongest people you will meet.
3. Together we can accomplish anything! We have accomplished many things, and continue to do so!
2. We love our little family and life together. Everything we do is for this, and this alone.
1. Pretty sure no one else would put up with either one of us!